Air Duct Cleaning
We are #1 Air Duct & Dryer Vent cleaning company proudly servicing New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia & Maryland areas!
What is air duct cleaning?
Duct Cleaning generally refers to the cleaning of the various heating & cooling system components of the forced air systems. Usual components are: the supply & return air ducts and registers, grills & diffusers, heat exchangers, heating & cooling coils, drip pans, fan motor, fan housing and air handling unit housing.
If not properly installed, maintained and operated, these components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen or other debris. If moister is present, potential for micro bacterial growth (e.g. mold) is increased and also spores from such growth may be released into living space. Some of these contaminants may cause allergic reactions or other respiratory problems by people if they are exposed to them.
Although industry associations concerned have established standards, methods of Air Duct Cleaning wary. Typically a service provider will use specialized tools to dislodge dirt and other debris in the ducts, and then vacuum them out with high-powered vacuum system.
Why Clean The HVAC system?
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems control our indoor environment.
Healthy Environment. According to the American College of Allergists, polluted indoor air aggravates or causes 50% of all illnesses. Contaminants in the heating and air conditioning systems can be spread throughout a building. Dust and microbial contamination are major contributors to respiratory tract infections and result in illnesses.
Reduce or Eliminate Odors. Bacteria and mold can grow in HVAC systems or ducts when excess moisture, dirt and the right temperature is present.
Efficiency. Contaminants and dust can block critical system components. Systems that are free of dust, dirt and microbials run more efficiently and at lower operating temperatures, prolonging their life and reduce running costs.
Facts on Indoor Air Pollution:
· 1 out of 6 people who suffer from allergies do so as a direct result of the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems.
· 50% of all illnesses are either caused or aggravated by polluted air.
· Most commercially purchased fiberglass filters are only 7% efficient in stopping dirt, dust, pollen and bacteria from passing through them.
· 9 out of 10 heating and air conditioning system failures are caused by dirt and dust.
· The average adult inhales two tablespoons of household dust daily.
· The average six room house collects 40 pounds of dust each year.
· Professional duct cleaning can remove dust, dirt and micro-organisms from your ducts. The air you breathe will be cleaner and fresher.
Most people do not realize that their Air Ducts are virtual breeding grounds for dust, dust mites, bacteria, fungi and thousands of other microorganisms. These contaminants are blasted into air you breathe every time system goes on. This leads to sinus problems, respiratory difficulties and intense allergies